At A1 Solar & Electrical we believe in Solar because we believe in a healthy future for our children and the future of our planet. We want to maximise our usage and our region's usage of green energy and lower our emissions.
We install, maintain and repair all types of residential and commercial solar systems. We pride ourseves on providing prompt, reliable service, quality workmanship and products that are manufactured to the highest of standards.
Residential & Commercial Solar
Local Experts - We explain solar technology, what the best fit for your situation is, and how you can maximize your solar space, then we assess your energy requirements to determine the perfect size and technology for you.
After we determine the right system for your energy requirements we design it for your specific location for maximum performance and a great looking system throughout the entire year.
We take care of the hard work like getting the right approvals and applications for your home. We obtain all grid approvals and rebates to ensure a simplistic transition to your energy independence.
When the day comes for your solar to be installed, our professional solar installers with have your system installed safely and running within as little as 4-8 hours. Once completed we explain how the system works, how to monitor it and how to turn it on and off.
After completion we submit an electrical request to your network and they take over by scheduling a meter change for your solar export. The meter change is out of our control but we assist in the transition to ensure a speedy process.
Grid Connect & Hybrid Inverters
We can install your Solar to be Grid connected, a Hybrid Grid / Battery solution or totally Off Grid. Hybrid Inverters which both connect to the electricity grid and a battery in your home are becoming increasingly more popular as a way of both having the power you need, but saving a lot on your power bills.
In residential solar storage systems, a hybrid inverter is a solar inverter that can simultaneously manage inputs from both solar panels and a battery bank, charging batteries with either solar panels or the electricity grid (depending on which is more economical or preferred).
Battery Storage Systems
We supply and install Solar Battery Storage Systems.
Solar batteries are used in 3 main ways, all of which help reduce your power bills:
- Solar charging – using excess solar energy to ‘fill up’ the battery bank for later use, thus reducing your need to draw energy from the grid; this is the primary way that Australian homes will save money with batteries
- Pre-charging with the grid – using cheap, off-peak grid electricity to charge the battery for use during more expensive ‘peak’ and ‘shoulder’ pricing times (only an option for households on time of use / flexible billing arrangements)
- Selective export – sending stored battery energy into the grid when called upon to do so in order to receive a ‘premium’ payment (still a relatively uncommon option, only available with certain battery products and electricity retailers)
Stand Alone / Off Grid
We can design, supply and install a totally Off Grid or stand alone solar system for your property, giving you complete freedom from the rising costs of the electrical grid.
We will help you work out if your location is suitable to go off grid based on the following requirements:
- Roof orientation and tilt
- Daily energy consumption
- Daytime energy consumption
- Total solar energy produced